Head of Engineering
Are you excited by the challenge of building new technology and products that push the boundaries of the clean energy industry? Do you love mentoring and seeing your team reach new professional heights? Would you like to help set the strategic roadmap for an early-stage, high-growth climate tech startup?
We’re a clean energy software startup based in Austin, TX. Combining the latest in design thinking, behavioral science, and solar data automation, Bodhi is the leading customer experience platform in the solar industry. Bodhi automates communication and personalizes the homeowners’ experience, empowering solar companies to focus on what they do best - executing projects, making more sales, and transforming communities around energy. Bodhi is trusted by a growing list of solar companies across the world.
About the role
As a member of our senior leadership, you will use your technical and leadership expertise to build an engineering team that cannot only achieve Bodhi’s ambitious vision but also one in which you’ll be proud to tell your grandkids about.
You will work closely with teams across the business to formulate our company’s strategic roadmap and ensure we deliver on our promises to our customers. You will use your experiences from your prior successes and mistakes in scaling other start-up teams to balance our immediate business needs with the technical infrastructure needed to operate at scale. A significant portion of the role will involve mentoring the engineering team to help them through challenges and to better understand what’s possible in architecture, design, and implementation. You’ll also roll up your sleeves and dig in to do what is needed to achieve our company goals.
This is a results-driven, fast-paced startup environment with opportunities to grow professionally and take ownership of your role in building the next leading software company in solar. We are invested in your future, offering a competitive startup salary, benefits, and equity.
This is a remote job but preference will be given to those based or willing to be based in Austin, TX.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Proficient with our tech stack (PostgreSQL, C# back-end, React front-end using AWS Serverless Lambda)
- Deep technical expertise in software development with the ability to drive architectural conversations to their conclusion
- Prior success scaling a SaaS platform from product market fit through hyper-growth - fungible infrastructure, performance and cost optimization, software design patterns, automation and testing, and cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience successfully building, managing, and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- Ability to independently own execution of the product roadmap, including effective prioritization and clear communication
- High degree of comfort contributing to and influencing product strategy
Why we love what we’re doing
In the technology-focused drive towards a cleaner energy future, the relationship between the technology and the people that use it remains orphaned. Bodhi’s mission is to cultivate the bond between people and the energy that powers their lives. We see Bodhi becoming both the heart and brains of the smart, solar home of the future and one that allows every homeowner to make a lasting environmental impact.
Let's do some good together. Submit your resume and cover letter and let us know how you can impact our company and the world. Learn more at bodhi.solar.